Monday 8 October 2018

My Camp Experience

I jumped out of bed excitedly and scurried off to the bathroom to get ready for my Youth Camp. It was 5:10 in the morning and I had to quickly get changed before Dee,my Youth Leader, came over to my house to pick me up. I had just finished getting ready and I was sitting in the Lounge room waiting for Dee along with my suitcase, Pillow, and sleeping bag. As I was waiting I started to think about what we would learn and do at camp as the theme was: Remember who you are. 

Dee soon arrived and picked me up along with her two kids. I was feeling a little sad waving goodbye to my parents because I knew I would miss them but that feeling soon got forgotten when we arrived at Robertson road Chapel to meet up with the other kids to get ready to depart. Soon after every kid in my Youth was munching a plate of hot doughnuts, cupcakes and drinking some nice warm Milo for Breakfast.

After Breakfast everybody got inside a vehicle and drove off to our destination which was Camp Tuhikaramea in Hamilton near the New Zealand Temple. The drive was going to be long so me and my friends spent time making jokes, taking pictures and singing karaoke, which made the long drive pass by real quick. Once we got there we got settled into our Cabin's and Tent's and soon after we headed back to the Pavilion for Morning Tea.

The first day at camp flew by and it was time for each Youth to preform their Dance or Item they have been working on for the past weeks or days. The performances was based on Disney movies and my Youth's movie was Beauty and the Beast. Our version of the Beauty of the Beast was a Samoan Version where instead of having Belle and Gaston we switched it so the names were Teuila and Zipso. I think my Youth had the best performance because we made everybody laugh and especially Fesili who played Zipso made everybody crack up even the adults, even some kids from the other Youth's came up to us and said we had the best item. I was so proud of our Youth.

It was time to leave and go back to Auckland but before all of that happened all of the Youth even Youth from different wards stopped at an ice cream place to eat some Lunch. Going to the camp was so much fun it helped me come out of my shell and it also helped me make new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.